Vizualizare 2 articole - 1 la 2 (din 2 în total)
  • Autor
    Doru
    Participant

First of all lets all agree that the beauty of a smart home consists of so many versatile devices, and the diversity that each brings to a smart home . The concept of a fully automated home started long ago but it has been a long way of trials and attempts from the manufacturer to create products for each and every one . To me it all began with a YouTube video from Reed (Smart home solver) that intrigued me so much, that i made a goal of achieving some of the cool stuff he was presenting in that tutorial . In 2020 from my 13 th salary i ordered the hub from UK Aeotec Smartthings and i was pretty excited about it . I have been reading quite a bit before going all in into the Samsung platform Smartthings .Some key factors that influence my decision was:
    1. Let me put it this way: im not a geek 🤓 which means im not very comfortable with editing, coding or anything that takes a long learning process .
    2 . I need it something simple to work out if the box .
    3. At the same time i wanted a more versatile hub that would have large compatibility products
    4. Definitely i wanted Zigbee and some z-wave devices not to rely on internet alone, as the place i live isn’t the best in that regard
    5. Lastly it was very important that the gateway comes from a company which is reliable and wont ask for a fee in rhe coming years or stop sending updates. To be continued with part 2 ,as its quite late at the time im writing this (00:45)…

Stefan
    Keymaster

Hi Doru,
    Smartthings is indeed a comfortable and accessible solution for those that don’t want to spend a lot of time learning code etc. But I’m a software engineer 🙂 So, at the beginning of this year, I tried HomeAssistant and I think it’s awesome. Initially, I was looking at Smartthings but haven’t got the chance to test it nor to investigate more this topic. I was curious if the automations run locally or in the cloud? Or to be more exact I was wondering how much Smartthings depends on an internet connection?
    Thanks!

Vizualizare 2 articole - 1 la 2 (din 2 în total)
  • Trebuie să fii autentificat pentru a răspunde la acest subiect.

©2022 SmartHome360.ro Totul Despre si Pentru Smart Home! Partener LoxonePartener KNX

Conectați-vă cu datele de autentificare

sau    

Ați uitat datele dvs.?

Creează cont